Friday, June 8, 2018

The Best of Traveling – June 1-7
This blog post will be highlighting some images that I created while on our June – July Atlantic Canada trip.  Altho I like these images, they don’t quite measure up to what I put on my Fine Art America.  Still, I felt like they are good and nice enough to share with all of you!
We were driving from New Mexico to our first stop in Amarillo, Texas, when Jeff noticed this ramshackle deserted homestead along the side of the highway we were one.  I quickly snapped a few images and chose this one to process for this blog.  If you look closely, the homestead is actually not very steady!  It’s leaning and odds are, in a few years, it will fall down.  This reminded me of a time gone by, and so I processed this with a vintage camera light leak effect – something I might have seen when I was a kid looking at some photos my aunt might have taken.  Altho, she was more in to people, and not into deserted homesteads!
Leaning Homestead
This scene was one I saw as we drove along the highway to Tulsa, Oklahoma.  There were a number of farm homes along the way.  I have a feeling that the highway was put in well after the farms were established.  When I looked at this image, it reminded me of living in the country when I was a kid.  That bit of nostalgia was behind the decision to convert the original photograph into a colored pencil drawing.  It reminds me of something Grandma Moses might have done.  Makes me smile whenever I look at it!
Country Life
As we were entering the highway from a country road, I looked to the right, and noticed this herd of horses munching and socializing with each other.  I quickly captured the scene and then thought of what it made me feel like when I saw the ponies.  It reminded me of days gone by, and the heart of the summer.  I processed the image to capture this feeling.
Vintage Ponies
This heron was captured on a morning walk around a pond in a campground where we stayed.  The morning walk did wonders for my psyche – the drive over the past several days had caught up with me and left me feeling like all there was to see in this country was miles and miles of road.  Of course, we know that’s not true!  This heron helped me remember that!
Take Off
Along the shore of the same pond, we came across about 3 goose families.  Here’s an image of one of them out for a family outing of a morning swim.  This family has 5 little goslings – another had 3 and the third had 6!  I think the color of the water set off the soft almost white color of the goslings really well.
Family Outing
Here’s a very nice shot of the heron in one of the previous images.  It seemed like I had finally gotten to the position where he felt I could capture his best side!
Profile
If you’ve read my other posts, you know I truly love deserted cabins and homesteads.  This one, along a road in Massachusetts, once again reflected the feeling of being sturdy and having weathered more winters and hardships that we mere humans could handle.  This one actually looks to be in pretty decent shape, so it may still be used from time to time. 
Barn from the Highway
Wow!  These are some of my favorite images from just the first week of our summer adventure!  To see other images, please feel free to visit my travel blog – http://travelswithnadineandjeff.blogspot.com.
Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment