Saturday, June 16, 2018

Flowers of Acadia National Park
There is an area in Acadia National Park, along the Park Loop Road, called Sieur de Monts Spring.  This area is a lush little oasis, full of a sampling of the types of flowers and plants you can see throughout the Park.  Here are some of the loveliest examples (in my humble opinion!)
I’m not certain what these flowers are – they must be in the daisy family – but I loved the look of these soft delicate blooms against the rough bark of the tree they were growing under.  It was a lovely contrast found in Nature. 
Delicate Blooms against Tree
This is another flower that is just so beautiful in its gentle delicate way.  It just sort of sprung up out of green to highlight my walk down this garden path.
Blue Iris
These blooms were new to me!  They are called pitcher flowers, and their bloom actually faces down toward the ground.  I love the dusty red color of the petals.  I think they get their name from their leaves, found at the base of the plant (unseen in this image).  The leaves curve into what look like little pitchers that hold water that the flower needs to bloom.
Pitcher Flowers
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment