Friday, June 22, 2018

Old Barn Pencil Sketches
Not far from where we camped near Acadia National Park, there was an old deserted farmhouse and barn.  In a previous blog, I shared the photo collage piece I created using the farmhouse for inspiration, and I thought I’d share a few images of the barn and farmhouse window I converted into colored pencil sketches.
I loved the detail that there was in the window from the old barn.  The mismatched wood boards making up the barn, and the old red torn material that was underneath the wood, created some lovely texture.
Old Barn Window
In this piece, you can see the entire barn, with the window in the lower corner of the barn.  Again, I was drawn to the texture of the wood, and the different wood that was used to board up the door.  It looks like there was only that one window in the barn.  It made me wonder why they even bothered with the one window, since it was small and wouldn’t add much overall light inside the barn when the barn door had been closed.  Still, it makes for some interesting character to the structure!
Old Barn
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment