Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Foto Art Friday – February 24, 2017
Understanding
I’ve been thinking about understanding, and how somehow, we seem to have a hard time understanding how to understand.  It sounds simple – put yourself in the place that another person is in, and think of how you’d feel.  That’s the simplest way to describe it.  You may not agree with them, but you can, to some degree, understand how they arrived at that opinion or feeling.  This piece is what came to me when I thought about the sometimes difficult act of understanding.  I started with an image I took of a dead tree in the Organ Mountains National Monument.  To me, it represents the bare bones of an idea or opinion.  The written words in the background represent the explanations that somehow never seem to be heard.  The shadows in the piece represent the various reports or opinions about what the base idea is.  Often, they only serve to cloud the issue.  But, still the bare bones of the idea or opinion still remains, standing alone, just waiting for …. understanding.
Understanding
Enjoy!
This piece is available as a print and in other formats at

No comments:

Post a Comment