Monday, October 19, 2020

Arizona Relics

 

Arizona Relics

The Southwest is a great location for finding old treasures, relics from the past.  Here are three we came across while driving down a road close to where we were camping.

Deserted Home

This deserted cabin was set a bit back from the road, just like a nice home would be.  Although, to be honest, I’m not even sure the road I was on was even there when this place was built.  Still, I do like the way the tree sort of frames the cabin, and the green hills behind it.

Not so Easy Rider

This car was sitting alongside a road down which we traveled.  I think it was meant as a sort of advertisement of a junk yard back from the road by about a quarter mile.  I’m not generally drawn to old cars, but this one seemed to have a bit of character still clinging to it – like it knew it was “hot stuff” when it was in its prime, and didn’t feel like it lost too much of that!!  The lines are fairly classic, and it looks like it was a snazzy turquoise color – and a convertible, to boot!

Past Life

As my husband and I drove along a country road, we saw a deserted cabin, one of my favorite photography subjects.  I captured what I felt was the spirit of the cabin, and then decided to create a digital collage, because a simple photograph just wasn’t enough.  I can imagine someone living there in the past, perhaps reconciling the books of their small ranch in an aged ledger.  I can also see them writing to family in far away towns or cities.  As the seasons change, birds call out a welcome or farewell.  To us, a simple life.  To them a full life worth living.

Enjoy!

Note:  Each of these pieces are available in a variety of formats and finishes, from prints, to masks, to journals and everything in between!  Visit my online gallery at https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/nadine-berg.


No comments:

Post a Comment