Thursday, August 12, 2021

A View from the Past

 

A View from the Past

While wandering the streets of both Garnet and Bannack ghost towns, I captured a couple of window views that made me think of how I was looking into the past, and also had a view of what things were like back in the past.

Inside and Out

This window is from a window found in a building in the ghost town of Garnet, Montana.  When I look at it, I can see the reflection of what is outside, and also a peek into what is inside.  This feels like a bit of a metaphor for life.  We may be on the inside or outside of any given situation, and the key to insight is to be able to also glimpse the other.

A Look into the Past

In this image, I’m standing inside an old building in the ghost town of Bannack, Montana.  It made me feel like I was standing in the future, even though I was in a building dating to the 1800s, and looking back in time, to what a person who lived in this building would have seen as they looked out to see what was going on in town that day.  It gave me a sense of perspective of how life was back then.

                                   Enjoy!                                        

Note:  This images can be found in a variety of formats and finishes in my online gallery https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/nadine-berg.

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment