Thursday, July 19, 2018

Magical Moments along the Way
While exploring Nova Scotia, my husband and I happened to see this abandoned boat on the shore of an area known as Sandy Cove.  I loved the look of the weathered wood, frayed rope and solitude of this boat.  It wasn’t clear why it was left on the shore to slowly decay and eventually return to the sea in tatters, but it certainly made for a lovely photo opportunity!
Ashore at Sandy Cove
It was a picture perfect lighthouse scene on Brier Island, in Nova Scotia.  The seagulls glided, dove and swarmed around this lighthouse on a tiny patch of land just off the island, known as Peter’s Island.  With the lighthouse on the island, and all the seagulls, there would hardly have been room for poor Peter!
Peter’s Island Lighthouse
Along several of the small harbors on our drive, one could always finds boats that didn’t go out to sea on that day.  This digital watercolor sketch of one of those harbors was one of those peaceful idyllic scenes.
Boats in Harbor
It was always the perfect touch when I would see one of the fishing boats leaving the harbor as I watched the day evolve from the shore.  It made me think of how a day that was so special and different for me, was truly just another work day for someone else.
Headed Out
While waiting for the ferry to transport us from one island to the next in Nova Scotia, I noticed this incredibly colorful supply building sitting on a pier, and the chairs sitting on the end of the pier, seemingly inviting someone to just come, sit and reflect on the water, when the next ferry would be passing, or just life in general.  The old buoys on shore added to the lighthearted feeling of the scene.
Colorful Pier Perch
Old deserted cabins or houses are some of my favorite subjects.  This old house, along the road on Long Island, in Nova Scotia, wasn’t any different.  I especially was drawn to how I could look thru two windows at the same time.  Buildings like this always make me wonder about the people who once called this home.
Through an Old Window
When windows are broken in an old abandoned house, it somehow strikes me more than if the window was gone or intact.  It truly emphasizes the fact that this building, which was once home to, most likely, a family, is totally unloved and is a sad statement.
Broken Window
Enjoy!
Note:  Each of these is available in a variety of sizes and finishes at http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/nadine-berg.


No comments:

Post a Comment