Monday, July 9, 2018

Fundy Trail Parkway Treasures

The Fundy Trail Parkway had lots of wonderful views, but there were a couple of treasures that made it to this blog.  There was something differently special about these two pieces.

Butterfly on Bloom

It was great to have lunch at a spot where we could look out over the water and see Nova Scotia (see my travel blog for more on that!).  But, when I looked down, I saw another treasure – a butterfly that gently flit from bloom to bloom.  I was able to capture it with my camera, and then converted the photo image to a watercolor pencil sketch.  It just captured the feeling of that gentle creature kissing those blooms…..or so it seemed!

Old Window

When we came back from a lovely day’s exploration, we turned onto the drive into the campground and I suddenly noticed a deserted building of some sort.  I don’t know what it was originally – part of it reminded me of a church, and another part of an old barn.  The thing that struck me the most was this window.  It looked like it had always been rather rustic, but the light sconce spoke to something a bit finer.  I loved the contrast of the two, found in this one building!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment