Friday, September 1, 2017

Deserted Cabin
A few weeks ago, Jeff & I wandered the area around our home, and came across this deserted cabin.  Those of you who know me, know that deserted cabins are some of my favorite photo subjects……
Cabin & Corral
It was a lovely summer day, full of sunshine and blue clouds, and so my first processing effort consisted of capturing the cabin as it appeared in reality.sort of!  I did take the liberty of changing it so that it appeared as a painting, as if I sat out in the sun all afternoon painting it!  But, then, I thought about the age and history of it……
Old Paper Deserted Cabin
I decided to process another image of it with that in mind, and came up with a photo image as it might have appeared when printed on some old paper.  I do like this effect.  I can almost picture a settler from back then coming out the door to see who their visitor was.
Vintage Deserted Cabin
And, finally, I thought I’d process an image of the cabin as it might have turned out when taken with an old vintage camera.  This image sort of reminds me of photographs I sometimes look thru of my grandparents when they were young, and parents when they were younger still!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment