Monday, October 18, 2021

Special Monument Views

 

Special Monument Views

As we traveled through Colorado National Monument, we had some special views we’ll always remember.

Dead Tree Portrait

As we slowly walked around a viewpoint at Colorado National Monument, I noticed this view, which wasn’t the one highlighted at the viewpoint.  The twisted trunk of the tree against the stacked rocks and clear blue sky makes for an excellent nature portrait.

Grand Old Tree

As we stood at Grand Viewpoint at Colorado National Monument, my husband and I were struck by the grand old tree still standing proudly at the point.  There are significant rock formations behind the tree, and a fabulous view, but for now, the tree is the star!

Desert Bighorn Sheep

As my husband and I were driving the scenic road at Colorado National Monument, we rounded a bend in the road, and came to a stop due to a small herd of desert bighorn sheep.  A male sheep with magnificent, rounded horns came very close to our open Jeep window, and I was lucky enough to capture his portrait.  I think I got his best side!

Enjoy!

These images are available in a variety of formats and finishes via my online gallery at https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/nadine-berg.  


No comments:

Post a Comment