Sunday, December 2, 2018

Napier Sunset
When leaving Napier, we had another lovely sunset!  We have been so lucky on this trip to see so many.  So, without further ado, let me share this latest beautiful ending to the day.

I love the way the sun is dipping behind the cloud front on the horizon.  You can really see the texture and shape of the clouds as they are silhouetted against the bright setting sun.

Things seem to quiet down, and the colors are becoming more subtle as the sun continues to set.  I also love the little wisps of clouds in the upper right of this image.

I’ve always heard about the “afterglow” when the sun sets, but never saw such a pretty illustration of that.  I felt the impression of the sun’s rays in the sky, without actually seeing them.  Just a perfect end to the day.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment