Saturday, October 13, 2018

Picture Perfect Kona
When we visited Kona, on the Big Island of Hawaii, we decided to just wander the main street and enjoy people watching and check out the scenery.  We had been to the Big Island of Hawaii several years ago, and thoroughly explored the island and Kona then.  I thought the sights we saw today was worth converting to some watercolor pencil sketches!
The shoreline of Kona is very pretty, altho you won’t find sandy beaches in this area.  I think those are to be found more on the other side of the island.
I always enjoy the bright colors that we find along the shops on the main street.  It was bustling, due to so many cruise tourists being in town, along with the Ironman competition that was happening in town.
There is a lovely old church along the main street.  I can’t recall what religion it’s affiliated with, but if memory serves me correctly, it is the oldest church on this island.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment